Funding to support artists, practitioners, and collaboratives to make, share and present work that enriches audiences and communities encouraging understanding and participation.
Up to $50,000 or between $50,000 and $125,000
There are two funding rounds in 2024. The first round will open for applications at the end of March 2024. Funding is for activities that take place from June 2024.
Artists, practitioners, and collaboratives who are New Zealand citizens or Permanent Residents.
- encourages the sharing of knowledge and skills with others
- enriches audiences and communities that you identify, through the creation and presentation of impactful work
- deepens the understanding of, and participation in, the arts
This fund is designed to complement the Creative Fellowship Fund.
Funding is for up to 18 months’ activity.
You can apply for either:
- up to $50,000, or
- between $50,000 and $125,000 if you can show revenue from other sources
Amounts above $100,000 will be an exception and will be dependent on the funding we have available.
If you receive a grant between $50,000 and $125,000, we may ask you to work with us in future in areas such as assessment, mentoring or participation in research or case studies.
The grant can support:
- the creation and presentation of artwork, such as exhibitions or performances
- distribution of artwork, such as publications, catalogues, resources, recordings, touring
- audience engagement and raising awareness, including research and advocacy
- workshops and knowledge and skills sharing, such as wānanga, fono, or talanoa
Applying for additional funding
Successful applicants to the Creative Fellowships Fund can apply to the Creative Impact Fund before their current grant has been completed but must submit a Proof of Concept.
In a 12-month period you can:
- receive the Creative Impact grant twice, to a maximum of $100,000 (e.g., two $50,000 grants), but you must finish the first grant before applying again, or
- receive one Creative Impact grant over $50,000
- receive a maximum of $125,000 across the Creative Fellowship Fund and the Creative Impact Fund combined.
You’ll need to describe:
- What you want to do
- What you have been doing recently and how this has informed what you want to do now
- The needs you have identified for your communities and how you will help meet those needs
- A detailed budget
For applications between $50,000 and $125,000 you will need to show you have income from other sources including earned income, other grants or sponsorship or in-kind support.
Assisted application service
From mid-February 2024, we'll offer a supported application service if our systems are not accessible to you. You can work with one of our advisers to find the best way for you to apply and they will be there to support you along the way.
General arts funding
Creative New Zealand staff and artform-based panels of peer assessors assess the applications and make the decisions.
Ngā Toi Māori funding
Creative New Zealand staff and a cross-artform panel of peer assessors assess the applications and make the decisions. Our Māori staff contribute at all stages of the process.
Pacific Arts funding
Creative New Zealand staff and a cross-artform panel of peer assessors assess the applications and make the decisions. Our Pacific staff contribute at all stages of the process.