Funding to support providers to offer a residency, fellowship, or internship for New Zealand artists and practitioners for up to three years.
To be confirmed
There is one funding round in 2024 which will open for applications after 1 August 2024. Funding is for activities that take place from November 2024. This fund will open once every three years.
New Zealand-based organisations, trusts, groups, or individuals that wish to offer a residency, fellowship or internship opportunity for New Zealand artists and practitioners.
International providers may apply only if the funding directly benefits New Zealand arts and artists.
Organisations in Toi Tōtara Haemata or Toi Uru Kahikatea investment programmes can apply.
You can apply for the cost to deliver a residency, fellowship, or internship for up to three years.
Costs may include:
- An artist’s stipend or wage
- Travel and accommodation
The amount of funding available is to be confirmed.
You’ll need to describe:
- Who you are and what your plan is for the residency, internship, or fellowship
- Your relationship with mana whenua and your communities, if relevant
- How you’ll ensure the residency, internship, or fellowship is accessible
- How you will support the recipient
- A budget showing your in-kind or financial contribution
Assisted application service
From mid-February 2024, we'll offer a supported application service if our systems are not accessible to you. You can work with one of our advisers to find the best way for you to apply and they will be there to support you along the way.