Funding for organisations and groups to deliver a programme of work for up to two years.
Between $50,000 and $125,000 per year
The first funding round will open for applications after 1 May 2024. The funding is for activities that take place from September 2024.
New Zealand-based arts organisations or groups.
International arts organisations may apply only if the funding directly benefits New Zealand arts and artists.
We expect arts organisations and groups applying to this fund are likely to:
- have a particular purpose or vision
- be engaged in ongoing activity
- continue operating even if people change
- have a Board, governing body or committee
Organisations in Toi Tōtara Haemata or Toi Uru Kahikatea investment programmes cannot apply.
Please contact us to discuss if this Fund applies to your organisation or group.
This fund is designed to support arts organisations and groups who have a dynamic vision for the arts in Aotearoa and make a positive impact in their communities.
You can apply for between $50,000 and $125,000 per year for one or two years.
Amounts above $100,000 will be an exception and will be dependent on the funding we have available.
The grant will usually be no more than 50% of an organisation’s previous annual revenue.
Funding can be used for any operational or artistic costs.
You will need to include a description of:
- What you want to do
- The needs you have identified for your communities and how you are engaging with them to meet those needs
- How your organisation or group contributes to the development of your artform, practice or the careers of New Zealand artists
- How you share your resources with others in your community
You will also need to supply:
- A detailed budget, and evidence of support beyond Creative New Zealand funding
- Your strategic plan, manifesto, or other vision statements
- Evidence of your recent activity, for instance an annual report or end of year summary to your committee or board
- Evidence of the benefits and impact your organisation or group has made to your communities recently
- Past two years annual accounts
- Evidence of a Board or governing body, such as meeting minutes
Assisted application service
From mid-February 2024, we'll offer a supported application service if our systems are not accessible to you. You can work with one of our advisers to find the best way for you to apply and they will be there to support you along the way.
General arts funding
Creative New Zealand staff and artform-based panels of peer assessors assess the applications and make the decisions.
Ngā Toi Māori funding
Creative New Zealand staff and a cross-artform panel of peer assessors assess the applications and make the decisions. Our Māori staff contribute at all stages of the process.
Pacific Arts funding
Creative New Zealand staff and a cross-artform panel of peer assessors assess the applications and make the decisions. Our Pacific staff contribute at all stages of the process.