17 Mar 2016
The deadline for submissions on the Arts Council’s draft strategic direction is 12pm Monday 21 March.
The Arts Council has agreed a strategic direction which will help prioritise how Creative New Zealand uses its funding and resources for the next four years.
Creative New Zealand is inviting public comment and feedback on the draft strategy, which includes the vision, purpose, values, goals and the outcomes the organisation will embrace and aim to achieve.
The draft strategy was developed after a series of focus groups involving members of the arts community in Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland and an online survey.
Goals and outcomes for the next four years
Five draft goals, which each have underlying objectives, show how Creative New Zealand will be focusing its efforts. They are:
- invest wisely in the arts sector
- develop the arts sector’s capacity to succeed
- be a powerful advocate for the arts
- improve the way we deliver services to the arts sector
- become a higher-performing, learning organisation.
Two draft outcomes describe the difference Creative New Zealand’s our work is intended to make. They are:
- Sustainable, successful arts communities, artists and organisations, as shown by:
- high quality New Zealand art being developed
- New Zealand arts gaining international success
- Greater public engagement, as shown by:
- New Zealanders participating in the arts
- New Zealand experiencing high quality arts.
Questions for public consultation
- Some of the questions being asked as part of the consultation are:
- Do these goals fairly set out where our focus should be for the next four years?
- Should there be more emphasis on some goals over others? How would you rate their relative importance?
- Is there anything missing?
- Do the outcomes clearly describe the difference we’re trying to make?
- Should we change these or bring in new ones?
How to provide views and comment
Read Creative New Zealand’s strategic direction: consultation document and then complete our online questionnaire.
Alternatively submissions or comments can be sent to email@example.com
The deadline for submissions is 12pm on Monday 21 March