25 Mar 2014
The year is absolutely flying by, and if you haven't done so it's time to mark your diaries for the Festival weekend of May 29th - 1st June, 2014. We are almost ready to reveal a wide-ranging programme that will indulge all your literary and cultural interests at our beautiful central London venue, King's College, with a four-day programme of events featuring a stellar cast of writers, artists, musicians and journalists.
The full programme will be revealed on April 3rd at our special event with Man Booker Prize winner Eleanor Catton in conversation with Robert Macfarlane at Union Chapel, presented in association with the Royal Society of Literature and Intelligent Life magazine (see below).
Festival Supporters and Friends don’t have to wait until then – we'll open priority booking for members a week earlier, so it’s a great time to sign up and support the Festival. Don't miss seeing your favourite artist or author as tickets will go fast.
And if you join as a Festival Supporter now, you will receive two free VIP tickets to our Eleanor Catton event in April, plus other fantastic benefits, including access to our superb Festival Members room with great coffee and views of the Thames – the perfect place to put your feet up and mingle with the 'Literati'!
As a Founding Patron you could directly sponsor an author or event at the Festival – take your pick from our terrific line up that includes Tim Winton, Clive James, CK Stead, Fleur Adcock, Kim Scott, Stella Duffy, Fay Weldon, Geoffrey Robertson, Helen Garner, Anna Funder, Witi Ihimaera and many others.
A taste of what's to come...
We can't wait to unveil an exciting film strand alongside events in the beautiful Chapel at Kings College, which will be the perfect stage for our music and poetry events and complement the extensive series of literary talks being planned.
Programme highlights include:
- Tim Winton opening the Festival on Thursday 29th May in a conversation with Front Row presenter Kirsty Lang
- Helen Garner with Helen Simpson on the blurred lines between truth and fiction, chaired by Carmen Callil on Sunday June 1st, presented in association with the Royal Society of Literature
- The launch of Pacific Highways, a special NZ-focused edition of prized literary journal Griffith Review with CK Stead, Kate de Goldi, Steve Braunias, Ian Wedde and Julianne Schultz
- Australia's rising star singer-songwriter Emily Barker will perform an exclusive and intimate show exploring the literary connections within her music
- ANZ War & Words: three events exploring the role of Australia & New Zealand in conflicts across the centuries, including contributions from Lord David Owen, Evie Wyld, ML Stedman, Paul Ham and Ross McMullin
- And much, much more to be announced soon...
More tickets released for Eleanor Catton
Thurs 3 April, London
We've just released a new tier of tickets for our fast-selling Eleanor Catton event, in partnership with The Royal Society of Literature and Intelligent Life, at the Union Chapel in Islington.
Book now and don’t miss seeing the Man Booker Prize Winner interviewed by bestselling travel writer and Chair of the Booker Prize Judges, Robert Macfarlane. The evening will also feature a performance by Māori singer Kawiti Waetford from the Dame Kiri Te Kanawa foundation, and actress Kerry Fox. It's a night you won't want to miss!
Title: Festival programme set to be revealed 3 April
Date: 29 May 2014