05 May 2011
At a meeting facilitated by Creative New Zealand on Wednesday 27th April a 7 member committee was elected by attendees to represent the arts community of Christchurch.
Your elected representatives on Arts Voice Christchurch are:
- Deborah McCormick, Director, Art & Industry Biennial Trust & SCAPE Christchurch Biennials (email@example.com)
- Steph Walker, General Manager, Christchurch Arts Festival (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Jane Gregg, Dean of Creative Industries, CPIT (Jane.Gregg@cpit.ac.nz)
- Dr. George Parker, member of Free Theatre Christchurch and manager of Te Puna Toi Performance Research Project (email@example.com)
- Philip Aldridge, Chief Executive, The Court Theatre (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- James Caygill, CEO, Christchurch Symphony Orchestra and Southern Opera (email@example.com)
- Sean Whitaker, General Manager, Christchurch School of Music (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our Purpose is: The Christchurch arts community seeks a vision and strategy for the arts that secures the arts as an essential part of the new city. The group represents and serves the arts community of Christchurch, by whom it has been appointed.
Our vision is: Christchurch, the Arts City – with creativity at its heart.
We will be communicating regularly with you to keep you up to date with our activities and also to seek feedback about our activities and our priorities. In the first instance we will use email to do this so please feel free to pass this email onto anyone you know who may wish to be added to our distribution list and please ask them to email us their details or sign up via our placeholder website (www.artsvoicechch.com).
It is a fast changing and moving environment in Christchurch at the moment as the City begins the process of considering all potential possibilities for the rebuild and we want to make sure the Arts Community is fully represented. Since forming last week we have begun working on several initiatives and this has included meetings in Wellington last Friday and securing speaking time at the upcoming community consultation forum at the CBS arena on Saturday 14 May and Sunday 15 May.
We are holding the first of many face to face meetings with members of the Christchurch Arts Community next Wednesday 11th May at CPIT - see below for full details.
If you have any feedback about the committee, our purpose or to ask for assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.
Arts Voice Christchurch
Community Forum 11th May 5:00pm
We are planning on holding regular forums with you to seek feedback and ideas. We would like to invite you to our first forum on Wednesday 11th May at 5pm in the D Block Lecture theatre at CPIT. For those that can’t make the forum we welcome your feedback by email. Let us know what you want for arts in Christchurch.
Let us know if you are coming and if you have guests.
Arts Voice Christchurch
C/- P O Box 22245
Christchurch, Canterbury 8142