01 Feb 2022
We’ve developed our own policy on COVID-19 under the Government’s COVID-19 Protection Framework (aka the ‘traffic light system’).
The policy was developed by senior leadership with staff input and took effect just before the Government’s COVID-19 Protection Framework launched on Friday 3 December 2021.
We’ll all be living with the Delta variant of COVID-19 for some time yet. We’ve developed this COVID-19 policy with the wellbeing of our people being a primary consideration, as well as our own organisational values. We expect that our response will need to be updated as circumstances continue to evolve.
The policy contains guidance and expectations around vaccination and how we will operate under the traffic light system – including how we’re protecting and supporting our staff, those who visit our offices and those we engage with in other locations.
Here’s a one-page summary of our COVID-19 policy in table form [PDF, 102KB]
Essentially, our policy is as follows:
Creative New Zealand strongly encourages all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
In the policy, we’ve outlined how we’ll apply the COVID-19 Protection Framework in various contexts, including coming into our offices, travel, engagement with the sector, attending sector functions and events, meeting with external people, etc. See the one-page summary linked above.
We’ll require proof of vaccination from staff, contractors, suppliers and visitors to our offices. In other words, to visit and work in our physical office spaces you’ll need to show proof of vaccination.
We’re transitioning to using the ‘My Vaccine Pass’ system as the best way to validate an individual’s vaccination status now that the Government’s COVID-19 Protection Framework is in place.
Why have we developed a policy on COVID-19?
We’ve formed a policy on COVID-19 for a few reasons:
- With the incremental spread of COVID-19 around the country, our senior leadership wanted to anticipate and give our people confidence and clarity about our response as an organisation.
- The purpose of this policy is to establish and communicate Creative New Zealand’s position on the Government’s COVID-19 Protection Framework, led through the value of Manaakitanga, and its implications in our workplaces and how we go about our work.
- We want to keep our people safe.
- Much of our mahi involves interaction with different people across the motu. We have an obligation to reduce the risks of COVID-19 infection and transmission – not only for ourselves but also for the people we come into contact with.
- Based on the current medical evidence and Government advice, COVID-19 vaccinations play a critical role in reducing risks of COVID-19 infection and transmission. Vaccination is currently one of the few tools we have to combat the COVID-19 virus.
- As a Crown entity we need to follow Government guidance. This policy aims to assist us to assess and manage our exposure to COVID-19, and thereby meet or exceed our obligations under current legislation.