31 Oct 2008
<p>The Blumhardt Foundation, Creative New Zealand and TheNewDowse are calling for applications for the 2008 Blumhardt Foundation / Creative NZ Curatorial Intern.</p>
The Blumhardt Foundation, Creative New Zealand and TheNewDowse are calling for applications for the 2008 Blumhardt Foundation / Creative NZ Curatorial Intern.
The position has been developed in order to nurture curatorial interest and expertise in the areas of decorative arts and design.
The 2008 Blumhardt Foundation / Creative NZ curatorial intern will work within TheNewDowse Visitor Experience Team and report to the Manager of Concept Development. They will research and develop an exhibition for Blumhardt Gallery's 2009 exhibition programme. Applications are sought from people with an interest in any of the following areas:
- Product design or industrial design
- Curating a craft/design project with a commercial, enterprise-based focus
- Fresh approaches to working with TheNewDowse collection
The Blumhardt Foundation / Creative New Zealand Curatorial Internship is a fixed-term contract, which can be carried out on a full-time or part-time basis (equivalent to 3 months FTE).
The contract will commence in August/September 2008.
Applications are due 13 July 2008.
Please send applications to Mary Kibblewhite, Administrator, TheNewDowse, PO Box 30396, Lower Hutt.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Research skills
- Interest and experience in the decorative arts and design (tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in art history, design, museum studies or other relevant area)
- Knowledge of contemporary craft/design practice
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a creative team
- Published in the field
- The ability to balance the big picture while paying attention to detail