The Toi Sqwigwialtxw (pronounced: sgweg-voi-out) residency is an exchange agreement between Creative New Zealand and the Longhouse Education and Cultural Centre in Washington State. It has been offered biennially since 2005 to established artists of Māori descent.
Previous recipients include:
- Karl Leonard, senior weaver, carver and performer (2012)
- Henare and Tawera Tahuri, performing artists (2010)
- June Northcroft-Grant, visual artist (2008)
- Dr Takirirangi Smith, master carver (2007)
- Tina Wirihana, master weaver (2005)