Festival Grants offer funding across two funding rounds for established festivals to deliver a single-artform, or multidisciplinary arts, programme of festival events or activities.
You can apply for a maximum of $150,000 combined across Round 1 and Round 2 of Festival Grants.
We expect the demand for Round 2 of Festival Grants to be high and encourage you to think carefully about the amount of funding you request.
If your application is successful, we may offer you an amount of funding that is:
- lower than what you requested
- similar to what you have been offered in the past
This will depend on factors including:
- overall demand in the round
- how well your festival is aligned to the purpose of the Festival Grants programme
For this second and final round of Festival Grants, your programme of activity must:
- start after 15 November 2023
- be completed by 15 February 2025
Funding can be used towards:
- fees, stipends, and wages. These need to offer fair pay for artists and arts practitioners
- operational, commissioning, development, and presentation costs
You can apply for festival activities including:
- commissioning, co-production, development, or presentation of new or remounted New Zealand work, including Māori and Pacific work and work of the diverse communities of New Zealand. These may include live/in-person and digital components
- community arts events
- presentation and transmission of Māori customary and Pacific heritage arts
- other associated activities that support the festival programme