Fellowship awarded every two years to an established New Zealand writer of literature, with a significant publication record, to work on a major project.
Upcoming rounds are not yet confirmed. Subscribe to our newsletter for updates
Creative New Zealand Michael King Writer's Fellowship 2022/23
For projects taking place between:
31 Mar 2023 - 31 Mar 2025
Opened: 30 Jan 2023
Closed: 22 Feb 2023, 1PM
31 Mar 2023
Creative New Zealand Michael King Writer's Fellowship assessment criteria
Your application is assessed by external peer assessors using the following criteria.
Is it a strong idea? We look for the following indicators:
- The artistic aims are clearly expressed
- The idea is compelling
- The artistic outcome is likely to be high quality.
Can it be achieved? We look for the following indicators:
- The process to achieve the idea is realistic and well planned
- The budget is thorough and accurate and considers fair remuneration for artists and practitioners
- The artist has sufficient experience to deliver a major project across the time period.
Does it deliver to Creative New Zealand outcomes and the purposes of the fund? We look for the following indicators:
- The project delivers to the Strategic Outcome – High-quality New Zealand art is developed
- The writer’s publication record and national reputation is significant.