- Fields marked * must be filled in before you can save your activity form.
- Once you’ve started entering programme projections, click Save often to keep your work safe.
- Each activity needs to occur within the calendar year.
- If an activity spans more than one year, complete the activity form based on what will happen between 1 Jan - 31 Dec of the funding year. You can enter it again as a new activity next year.
- If an activity will span both 6-month reporting periods of a funding year, enter projections for each period. If 10 people will participate in a year-long activity, enter 10 participants in each period.
- Use the Clone button to duplicate activities – this is useful if you’re planning a tour.
- To reduce the administrative burden on both sides, when entering Activity records please:
- only include activities that your Tōtara or Kahikatea funding will support;
- only include activities that will deliver to the agreed Investment Feature Outcomes (refer to Clause 6.1 of Schedule 1 of your Funding Agreement);
- don't include other activities such as hire activities, activities funded by other government agencies, or activities funded by CNZ's other funding sources;
- consolidate activities where possible. For example, group similar activity types together (e.g., enter a series of public programmes or skills development activities).
- We only collect certain statistics for each activity type. Please don’t enter statistics that are not required for the chosen activity type; we’ll need to delete any anomalies to make sure CNZ’s own reporting is accurate. Read the Activity Statistics section below for more details.
This section explains what to include in each field of an activity form.
- Name/Title - Type the name of the work or a short title for the activity.
- Brief description - Type a description of the activity.
- Activity type - Select an activity type.
- Artform - Select the artform that best fits the activity.
- Genre (optional) - If relevant, select a genre.
- Strategic outcome - Select one of the strategic outcomes.
- Tags (optional) - Select any of the tags that are relevant to the activity.
- Location - Select where the activity will take place.
- Start date & End date - Use the date picker to select the dates the activity will take place between, or type the date in the format dd/mm/yyyy.
- If you don't know the dates yet, enter the start and end date of the 6-month reporting period or the calendar year (e.g. 1 Jan - 30 Jun, 1 Jul - 31 Dec, or 1 Jan - 31 Dec). Our reporting team uses the end date to know which data to pull for each of CNZ’s reporting periods.
- If your activity spans multiple years, enter 31 Dec as the end date. You can enter the activity again in next year's programme and budget projections.
- Venue name and capacity (optional) - If your activity is an exhibition or performance enter the name of the venue(s) and capacity.
- Projected Commentary - Briefly tell us about the projected activity. If we’ve had a conversation about your programme in advance, this only needs to serve as a reminder.
- Activity Statistics - In the second part of the activity form, enter the projected statistics for the activity based on the best information currently available. Read on for important information about activity statistics.
NB: we only collect certain statistics for each activity type. Please don't enter statistics that are not required for the chosen activity type; we'll need to delete any anomalies to make sure CNZ's own reporting is accurate.
Read the list below, download the Activity statistics reporting guide (PDF, 728KB), or ask your lead adviser.
Creating or developing artwork activities
- Enter how many new New Zealand works will be created (new works include performance pieces; visual, craft, object artworks; books and publications; web articles)
- Enter how many New Zealanders will participate in the creation or development of the artwork(s)
- Do not count events (e.g. workshops to develop the new work)
- Do not enter how many people will attend the final work; enter a separate ‘exhibiting or performing’ activity for this aspect.
Exhibiting or performing activities
- Enter how many performances or exhibition days you will present
- Enter how many New Zealanders will participate in exhibiting or performing the artwork
- Enter how many people will pay to attend the exhibition/performance
- Enter how many people you will invite to attend the exhibition/performance as guests
- Enter how many people will attend a free exhibition/performance (this includes website visits).
Developing audiences or markets activities
- Enter the number of international events that you'll attend
- Do not enter other types of audience or market development activity.
Publishing or Recording activities
- Enter how many 'copies' you will publish or record (print or pressing run, episodes, recorded performances)
- Enter how many 'copies' you project selling in each period (e.g. publications, albums, podcasts, streams etc)
- Enter how many 'copies' you project distributing as complimentary
- Enter how many 'copies' you estimate distributing for free.
- Enter how many New Zealanders will participate in research (in an artistic capacity)
- Do not enter how many publications or papers will be created.
Creative skills development activities
- Enter how many New Zealanders will actively be involved in developing artistic skills
- Do not enter projections for non-creative skills development. You can enter this under Organisational Development.
Documentation, discourse or archiving activities
- Enter how many New Zealanders will participate in documentation/discourse/archiving (in an artistic capacity).
Providing services activities
- Do not enter any activity statistics.
Organisational development activities
- Do not enter any activity statistics.