02 Dec 2014
Artists Alliance Administration & Programmes Intern
The Artists Alliance Internship Programme 2015 is now calling for applications from recent graduates for a fixed term, paid internship with Artists Alliance. The aim of the programme is to provide a valuable opportunity for graduates to obtain significant work experience in the art industry. The programme has been made possible with generous funding from the ASB Community Trust.
Artists Alliance is the national organisation for visual artists. Established in 1991, Artists Alliance has represented and advanced the professional interests of the visual artists of Aotearoa/New Zealand for over 20 years. In providing resources, career advice, networks and advocacy Artists Alliance is the trusted source of information for the visual arts sector.
For the purposes of this internship programme those eligible to apply will need to have graduated within the past five years (from 2010 onwards) with a New Zealand Visual Arts tertiary level qualification. The applicant must be based in Auckland for duration of the internship
Administration & Programmes Intern
Reporting to: Maggie Gresson & Aimee Hudson
Location: Artists Alliance Offices, 1b Ponsonby Road, Newton, Auckland
Tasks / Key Responsibilities
Tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting in the upkeep of office systems and databases (training and mentoring will be provided)
- Sourcing, uploading and managing content on the Artists Alliance website (www.artistsalliance.org.nz) and blog (http://artistsallianceblog.com/)
- Preparing and distributing bi-monthly regional newsletters
- Conducting membership surveys and collating results
- Assisting with the organisation, planning and execution of Artists Alliance events, workshops & other programmes
- Assisting in general office tasks
- Assisting the Executive Director in fundraising
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven written skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in managing multiple priorities
- Excellent time management skills
- High level of professionalism
- Initiative and motivation
- Reliability and promptness
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite, some experience in InDesign. Experience in using MYOB a bonus.
- Knowledge of the arts sector
Timeframe & Remuneration
The internship will consist of a fixed term contract for 24 hours per week for a 24 week period ideally beginning February 9 (by negotiation). Remuneration will be $16 per hour.
How to Apply
Please email your CV including two referees and a covering letter explaining why you think you would be suitable for the above position to:
Deadline for Applications
Applications must be completed in full and emailed to Artists Alliance no later than 4pm Wednesday December 10, 2014. Interviews will take place on December 16 and 17, applicants must be available for potential interviewing on one of these dates.